However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. For the Veterans Air site, you can “opt out” of cookies by merely not checking the Consent box. It’s that simple.
A broader action to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Veterans Air is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. So you might want to check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 13th December 2017.
What we collect
We ask for the following information and “collect” that data which you choose to share with us by checking the Consent box:
- email address
- how you are or may have been associated with Veterans Air
- how you found our website
- your Message box response
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your interests and hopefully provide you with a meaningful response, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Periodical emails with information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
- Periodical contact for VAE research purposes using the email address or phone which you have provided
- Perhaps to customize the website according to your and other visitor interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is that small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you last visited our site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used (mentioned above). This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to visitor interests. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website you are required to check the Consent box that allows us to store your personal information.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for research purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing using the contact page.
- we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
- you may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact Veterans Air here.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.