Veterans Air expanded friendships
The calendar today says 26 October 2018. That disqualifies this summary as Breaking News — as well as the Posts I’ll link-in here as soon as they are written). But mid-June through mid-July, Veterans Air expanded friendships, contacts, perspective, and public exposure, covering 3,550 land miles in Gracie (VAE’s ground transport RV) and 3,700 air miles. The round-trip from Santa Fe looked something like this:
Stops along the way…
- Pinetop AZ to visit my life-long friend Jane, husband, Terry, and God-son, Tico, the Portuguese Water Dog. [Private Detour #1]
- Prescott AZ campus Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University to meet Steve Bobinsky, Executive Director, Philanthropy Development, and Suzie Roth, Research Librarian, Hazy Library. Read more about ERAU...
- Gardnerville NV to visit Harry Pollitt, Artist in Residence (my husband) at Buffalo Creek Arts Center [Private Detour #2]
- Ashland OR to meet Dr. Alan Bender, Professor, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide Take me to meet Professor Bender
- Washington DC by plane from Salt Lake City to:
- Share the VAE story at Airliners International 2018 Airline Collectibles Show & Convention
- Enjoy the company and laughter of VAE families Eason and Chambers.
As full stories roll off my keyboard next week, I’ll attach a direct-link above. Watch this space. Gaye Lyn